Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
Highlight your unique or challenging projects
The 25th Projects of Distinction Awards
This portal allows you to register your project(s), submit details, provide PDF documents for supporting materials and pay online. It also streamlines the process for the ABC National Exellence in Construction (EIC) Awards, because this application mirrors that of the EIC awards.
Use this link to submit your entry/entries. If you do not have an existing account, you will need to create a new one.
Projects of Distinction Sponsors
Awards Level: M3 Insurance Sentry The Daily Reporter
Platinum Level: R & R Insurance Faith Technologies, Inc.
Gold Level: AON Cobb Strecker Dunphy & Zimmermann, Inc. Kraemer Brothers Pioneer Roofing, LLC Stevens Construction Corp.
Silver Level: Gilbank Construction, Inc.
Bronze Level: Aktion Associates ESI Constructors, Inc. Ideal Crane Rental, Inc.
Here are some important dates for the 2017 Projects of Distinction:
- Eligible Project Finish Dates: October 7, 2016 to October 6, 2017.
- Intent to Compete deadline: Friday, September 29, 2017 (entry should be underway).
- Submission Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2017.
- Judging Dates: Monday, October 9, 2017 to Friday, October 27, 2017.
- Projects of Distinction award recipients will be notified by the end of October 2017.
- The Awards Banquet will be on Thursday, February 15, 2018 in Wisconsin Dells.
General Contractor Categories:
- Commercial - Under $2 Million; $2 Million to $10 Million; Over $10 Million
- Healthcare - Under $5 Million; Over $5 Million
- Industrial - Under $3 Million; Over $3 Million
- Infrastructure - Heavy
- Institutional - Under $5 Million; Over $5 Million
- Pre-Engineered Building - Metal Building Under $1 Million; Metal Building $1 Million to $2.5 Million; Metal Building Over $2.5 Million
- Public Works/Environmental
- Renovation (Restoration & Renovation, including historical)
- Residential - Single Unit; Multi-Unit
- Other Construction
- Green Building
- Community/Public Service
- Miscellaneous/Special Projects
Specialty or Subcontractor Categories:
- Electrical: Commercial - Under $250,000; $250,000 to $1 Million; Over $1 Million
- Electrical: Industrial - Under $250,000; $250,000 to $1 Million; Over $1 Million
- Mechanical: Commercial - Under $500,000; More than $500,000
- Mechanical: Industrial - Under $500,000; More than $500,000
Other Specialty Construction
For the specialties below, please enter in either "Specialty Construction - Commercial" or "Specialty Construction - Industrial" regardless of type (commercial, industrial or residential projects in the trade). All entries will be combined into one general trade (e.g. "Carpentry," not "Carpentry - Commercial" nor "Carpentry - Industrial").
- Precast Concrete
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
The number of entrants does not affect the ability to receive an award because entrants do not compete against other contractors, but rather, on a straight point-level threshold basis.
Best of luck this year!
If you have any questions about the Projects of Distinction Awards, please feel free to contact Kyle Schwarm at ABC of Wisconsin.
Marketing and Communications Director
ABC of Wisconsin