The Projects of Distinction (POD) Excellence in Construction (EIC) is for members of ABC of Wisconsin only. The submittal is a two-step process:
Step 1. Register projects in the Intent to Compete stage. This is where you sign up and pay for your entry using a cart checkout process. You must complete the cart checkout process for the project to be officially registered in the program.
Step 2. Submit your documentation and all the contents (descriptions, photos, references, safety data, etc.) needed to complete an entry in the Submission Materials stage by the end of day, Sept. 29, 2022.
Start a project submittal here
If you have never entered a project using this portal, you may want to view this short instructional video.
If you have any questions about the Projects of Distinction Awards, please feel free to contact Kyle Schwarm (firstname.lastname@example.org) at ABC of Wisconsin.
List of ABC of WI members
To help determine if contractors on your project are ABC of Wisconsin members, download this alphabetical list of contractors and suppliers.
A photo release for third-party photography can be found here.
General Contractor Categories:
- Commercial - Under $2 Million; $2 Million to $10 Million; Over $10 Million
- Healthcare - Under $5 Million; Over $5 Million
- Industrial - Under $3 Million; Over $3 Million
- Infrastructure - Heavy
- Institutional - Under $5 Million; Over $5 Million
- Pre-Engineered Building - Metal Building Under $1 Million; Metal Building $1 Million to $2.5 Million; Metal Building Over $2.5 Million
- Public Works/Environmental
- Renovation (Restoration & Renovation, including historical)
- Residential - Single Unit; Multi-Unit
- Other Construction
- Green Building
- Community/Public Service
- Miscellaneous/Special Projects
Specialty or Subcontractor Categories:
- Electrical: Commercial - Under $250,000; $250,000 to $1 Million; Over $1 Million
- Electrical: Industrial - Under $250,000; $250,000 to $1 Million; Over $1 Million
- Mechanical: Commercial - Under $500,000; More than $500,000
- Mechanical: Industrial - Under $500,000; More than $500,000
Other Specialty Construction:
For the specialties below, please enter in either "Specialty Construction - Commercial" or "Specialty Construction - Industrial" regardless of type (commercial, industrial or residential projects in the trade). All entries will be combined into one general trade (e.g. "Carpentry," not "Carpentry - Commercial" nor "Carpentry - Industrial").
- Precast Concrete
- Thermal and Moisture Protection
The number of entrants in each category does not affect the odds of receiving an award because entrants do not compete against other contractors, but instead on a point-level basis. Possible points is 100. Remember that points add up and a point here and a point there can make a big difference.
- Eligible project completion dates: Oct. 1, 2021 to Sept. 29, 2022.
- Submission deadline: Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022, 11:59 PM
- Judging will take place in the month of October.
- Projects of Distinction chapter award recipients will be notified in early November 2022.
- Gold and Silver award winners are eligible for entry into the National ABC Excellence in Construction (EIC). The "Intent to Compete" registration deadline is Oct. 28, 2022, however, ABC of Wisconsin members will be given an extension on this until Nov. 18, which is also the full application submittal date. All materials would have to be in to ABC National on Nov. 18.
- The POD Awards Banquet is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023 at the Glacier Canyon Conference Center in Wis. Dells. The National EIC Awards Gala is scheduled for March 16, 2023 in Kissimmee, FL.
Start a project submittal here
Awards Level Sponsors
Platinum Level Sponsor
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsor
Bronze Level Sponsors