Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The Florida First Coast Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors invites your company to enter its best projects in the 2021 Excellence in Construction Awards competition.
Your company has the opportunity to compete for honors in the construction industry’s premier annual awards program – the ABC Excellence in Construction Awards competition – that recognizes the outstanding merit shop projects of the year. All award winners will be recognized at the August 13, 2021 awards event. Winners will be featured in a special Excellence in Construction Awards Supplement to the Jacksonville Business Journal.
Note: we are no longer accepting hard-copy, binder entries...your entry process will be entirely online.
Not sure how to begin the online entry process? How to video hosted by Karin Tucker Hoffman.
Want some advice to make your entry "shine"? Visit this series of videos from ABC National.
Simple as 1, 2, 3...
STEP 1: Create an Account here and begin an "Application" to create an "Intent to Compete" for each project you plan to enter.
STEP 2: Following the Intent to Compete, you log in to your account for your Application Submission. This is where you upload documents, photos, safety details and other materials that would have been included in the binder in prior years' entries. Note the deadlines!
STEP 3: Submit payment for your entries.
- Monday, May 31, 2021 – Date by which construction of the project must be completed to be eligible
- Tuesday, June 1, 2021 – Deadline to register your project (online intent to compete)
- Monday, June 7, 2021 – Entry Deadline to submit the final application and supplemental materials (online). Applicants will have until 11:59 p.m. E.T. to finalize all applications.
- Monday, June 14, 2021 – Late Entry Option. For an additional fee of $100, entries will be accepted after the deadline. Late entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 15.
- Friday, August 13, 2021 – Awards Event at Jacksonville Hyatt Regency Riverfront
- Project Entry Fee – Each project must be submitted with a non-refundable entry fee of $395. Please make your check made payable to Associated Builders and Contractors and mail to 8657 Baypine Rd, Ste 101, Jacksonville, FL 32256, postmarked by the entry deadline. If you are submitting multiple projects, you may combine the fees in one check. Payment will also be accepted via credit card on the entry portal.
Each entry must follow the entry requirements outlined in this award application. Each project needs to be entered separately. There is no limit to the number of entries per member or in any one category. You may email questions to email@example.com.
- Only current members of ABC Florida First Coast Chapter may enter.
- Any licensed general contractor, specialty contractor or construction manager.
- Subcontractors acting as a general contractor on a project are also eligible.
- Joint ventures are eligible if one firm is an ABC member.
- Any company entering in the specialty contracting categories must have self-performed the job.
No project that involves prime, multi-prime or sub-trade contractors with a safety-related fatality is eligible to be considered for an award. If there is a question regarding this policy and application requirement, the applicant may request clarification from the ABC EIC Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission of the project.
Completion of Project
To be eligible for award consideration, the project must be completed by May 31, 2021.