Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
The Florida First Coast Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors invites your company to enter its best projects in the 2023 Excellence in Construction Awards competition.
Your company has the opportunity to compete for honors in the construction industry’s premier annual awards program – the ABC Excellence in Construction Awards competition – that recognizes the outstanding merit shop projects of the year. All award winners will be recognized at the August 18, 2023 awards event. Winners will be featured in a special Excellence in Construction Awards Supplement to the Jacksonville Business Journal.
You may download and print an Entry Requirements packet that will help you prepare your materials for your online entry.
Want some advice to make your entry "shine"? Visit this series of videos from ABC National.
STEP 1: Create an Account here and begin an "Application" to create an "Intent to Compete" for each project you plan to enter. You'll pay your entry fee when submitting your "Intent to Compete."
STEP 2: Following the Intent to Compete, you log in to your account for your Application Submission. This is where you upload documents, photos, safety details and other materials that would have been included in the binder in prior years' entries. Note the deadlines!
- Monday, May 31, 2023 – Date by which construction of the project must be completed to be eligible
- Monday, June 12, 2023 – Deadline to register your project (online intent to compete)
- Project Entry Fee – Upon registering your Intent to Compete, you will be charged an entry fee of $475. Please pay online via the entry portal.
- Monday, June 12, 2023 – Entry Deadline to submit the final application and supplemental materials (online). Applicants will have until 11:59 p.m. E.T. to finalize all applications.
- Monday, June 19, 2023 – Late Entry Option. For an additional fee of $100, entries will be accepted after the deadline. Late entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, June 19.
- Friday, August 18, 2023 – Awards Event at Jacksonville Hyatt Regency Riverfront
Each entry must follow the entry requirements outlined in this award application. Each project needs to be entered separately. There is no limit to the number of entries per member or in any one category. You may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only current members of ABC Florida First Coast Chapter may enter.
- Any licensed general contractor, specialty contractor or construction manager.
- Subcontractors acting as a general contractor on a project are also eligible.
- Joint ventures are eligible if one firm is an ABC member.
- Any company entering in the specialty contracting categories must have self-performed the job.
No project that involves prime, multi-prime or sub-trade contractors with a safety-related fatality is eligible to be considered for an award. If there is a question regarding this policy and application requirement, the applicant may request clarification from the ABC EIC Committee by emailing email@example.com prior to submission of the project.
To be eligible for award consideration, the project must be completed by May 31, 2023.