Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
ABC Chesapeake Shores invites you to enter your best projects in this year’s Excellence in Construction Awards competition. Join the ranks of hundreds of Merit Shop construction companies recognized as the best in the industry.
Our annual Excellence in Construction Awards recognizes and celebrates outstanding projects built by ABC Chesapeake Shores’ members. The awards competition serves to raise the construction standards throughout the industry by honoring quality craftsmanship produced by merit shop contractors and their employees.
All award winners will be recognized at our September 20, 2018 awards celebration. The ceremony will feature a presentation and a printed program highlighting each award-winning project. Winners are eligible to compete for the National Excellence in Construction Awards.
Eligible projects must have been completed (e.g. Certificate of Occupancy issued) between June 1, 2017 and June 1, 2018. Projects that won ABC awards in previous years are not eligible except in the case of substantial renovation or additions.
Other eligibility requirements:
- Only current ABC Chesapeake Shores (ABCCS) Members may enter.
- Any licensed general contractor, specialty contractor, or construction manager may enter.
- Subcontractors acting as the general contractor on the project entered are eligible.
- Joint ventures are elgibile if one of the firms is an ABCCS Member.
- Any company entering in the trade category must have self-performed the job.
- No project that was subject to a requirement that contractors enter into an agreement with any labor union as a condition of performing work is eligible.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications are submitted electronically following the below steps:
*It is recommended you use Google Chrome to ensure program compatibility.
- Click Apply Now!
- For first-time applicants, create a username and password to access the registration and application pages. If you have submitted previously, your username and password remains the same from year to year.
- Complete Phase I—your intent-to-compete registration—and submit payment. You may select to pay by check or credit card.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you containing the link to continue on to Phase II—the application. You may save your information as you go and revisit the application as needed.
- When ready, click Save and Finalize to submit the application. Once the application is finalized, you will no longer be able to make edits. A confirmation will be emailed to you.
Watch this six-minute tutorial to learn more about the application process.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The $350 application fee is non-refundable. Be sure to review the application criteria and eligibility prior to entering your submission.
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
June 1, 2018 – Date by which construction of the submitted project must be completed
- Friday, June 29, 2017 – Phase I: Deadline to register your project (intent to compete)
- Friday, July 13, 2017 – Phase II: Deadline to submit the final application and supplemental materials. Applicants will have until 11:59 p.m. ET to finalize all applications.